Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

  1. There are in fact some schedule/class complications as i am taking two mathematics (by far my weakest subject; I'm definitely a right brain individual) classes as well as chemistry (math...) which require/ spread me pretty thin nearly every-night alongside the persistence of this course. Couple that with the balancing act of life/aspirations and efforts towards college...its been a rude/rocky start but I assure you I will endeavor to the most realistic of my abilities (a man may be able to fly to Jupiter but that doesn't mean a man should sacrifice himself, what is life to get there...) 
  2. I have an incredulously long (and to anyone else but me probably incredulously uninteresting) story, in fact i wrote a short story (if anyone is interested I'll send you a copy), chronicling the pivotal moment that not only chiseled my academic-student self but also transformed my life. But in short, it sounds corny, but in sixth grade i was essentially a walking husk caught in a cycle of apathy, absolutely no ambitions. This all changed when my teachers, authentic and genuinely kind/empathizing, approached me, imparting a simple challenge "Just try. Its really that simple. Give your best efforts. Believe.". Short story short, i did. I realized that, with effort and diligence, truly "anything is possible just....believe"™. From there stemmed my love for learning as well as latent talents for writing...And the rest is history.
  3. To start off with some negatives/concerns, i just hope my above complications are considered (my very real limitations) but I'm not asking for preferential treatment as many, most likely have arguably greater obstacles/dilemmas, just know i never try to intentionally not fulfill assignments, any given task but in reality...*expletive deleted* happens, life does (so far though I'm appreciative of you, Dr. Preston if your reading this, for your approachability/ realism in light of my "rocky" start, really, thank you). But, anyways, i am enthused by the prospects of this course improving my writing (whether it be creative, critical, or contemplative knowledge) and very much believe this, in terms of pragmatic practicability, this class could benefit my passions/pursued career as a respective writer. (novelist, journalist, etc. and so forth) Can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment