Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Notes" on Hamlet

The major, most prominent change i have observed whilst progressing in Hamlet is ultimately my own disposition on the work. I have found a surprising amount of depth/genuine entertainment as compared with my marked lack-thereof at the outset. From expertly delivered innuendo/connotative layered humor or masterfully accomplished shifts to drama, i have come to appreciate the play/Shakespeare undeniable talent. Character arcs/ behavioral development has surprised me in not how revolutionary (though obviously it was/arguably still is) the players have been fleshed, but how subtle in thoughts in action said characters act, Shakespeare captured authentic human behavior/action with his "Hamlet", a feat i as a writer frequently fret as i confront/endeavor to achieve. Hamlet's decisiveness/internal quagmire, Claudius self-delusion, lust for power all arcs are designed with reality, though embellished reality for entertainment but comfortably bordering actuality more-so than melodrama. I suspect this trend of drama to rev and escalate as we make more progress, but honestly what I'm most excited about is what i don't expect, twists and turns, whatever they may be, unlike many staple, trope ridden coaster rides of modern media, I'm genuinely excited for what i cant predict, expect, what is to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment