Friday, January 11, 2013

SPRING SEMESTER PLAN 1

S- (Any of, or a combination of such): A completed rough-first draft of my novel manuscript; 3-5 new, completed, chapters; 15-20 thousand words (more if possible of course) 

M- Via screenshots I can display an accurate word count of my manuscript, measuring my progress over the semester. (however i stress quality over quantity when writing. I never write a redundant sentence for some arbitrary word counter, no sentence should ever be purposeless, thus  word count ultimately means absolutely nothing in terms of such quality) 

A- The nature of school, and life, often times only allows me on average 2 days per school week (usually Saturday, Sunday) to work on my novel (as unfortunate that truly is). Thus a completed manuscript by graduation may be lofty, but, 3-5 new chapters and or 15-20 thousand words should be a reasonable goal to accomplish by years end.

R- My personal work acumen, motivation and genuine passion for writing reinforces my persistent/consistent writing schedule. Though I'm incredibly busy (as well as only human), as mentioned above, i am usually able to dedicate 1-3 days per school week to my writing. Ultimately the novel will be "done when its done" (so probably not until its printed on a published page)

T- Though my studies and life frequently impede my path, I will strive to accomplish at least one of the above facets by graduation, semesters end (as a novel requires hours upon hours of extensive plotting/polishing, i'm somewhat of a "perfectionist" however flawed "perfection" may be...).


No comments:

Post a Comment